Thursday, July 20, 2006

Random Blabbering...

So yeah, I'm kind of in a funk over some news I got this morning...So I think I'm just gonna spit out a few things that have been on my mind.

As I've just recently moved to "Downtown Silver Spring" there are a couple things I'll yap about regarding my current status.
  • took an entire weekend to move about 2 apartments worth of shit...I swear I will never move my own stuff again.
  • I suggest that if you are twentysomething, and living in apartments, and have to actually purchase furniture...buy it from ikea...they have perfected the art of making furniture that lasts just long enough for the transient, constantly moving young adult. You don't know how many times I cursed myself for buying this stupid bedroom set thats gonna last me 10-15 years. That shit is heavy, and now its all fucked up from being moved twice in a year. Whereas the shit i bought from ikea was cheap, easy to move, and if it broke while i was moving...who cares.
  • Downtown Silver Spring is painstakingly trying to become Downtown Bethesda...it's a ways away, but not completely out of the question. One issue they need to deal with is the influx of urban teenagers (man i sound like a republican, trust me I'm not) to the downtown area at night.
  • Nothing like seeing a 15 year old kid with more money in his pocket than me, arguing with a bike cop at 8pm on a monday cause the kid and his crew are loitering in front of City Place.
  • During the move I decided to buy a 50 inch tv...it's great.
  • those of you moving in the next few months...Call Comcast at least 2 weeks before your move in date or you will be sitting without cable and internet for weeks...sigh.
  • Also to those who don't realize it yet...cable and high speed internet...it's not an option anymore, it's just like the rest of your utility bills...Water, Electricity, Cable/Internet. Anyone who can afford high speed internet and doesn't have it...I have no words for you.
  • There are no fast food restaurants with drive thru windows in downtown Silver Spring. My roommate drove 20 minutes to get Wendy's last night. If you think real hard about what I said in the beginning you will realize why they don't have any downtown.
  • It's been two weeks now, and half of the stuff for the kitchen hasn't been put away yet...however, the new tv, new tv stand and surround sound system have been set up for at least 9 days.
Done for now...maybe more later. I've wanted to post more, but there just hasn't been much to post. I may post some more writing things that I have saved up...but who knows.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you're really upset that we're going to have a 13 inch TV in the living room but that's no reason to be in a funk all morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home