Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Status Report

Last Weekend: 50in LCD (The New Digital Goodness, as I'm sure it would be called if I was still living with 003) is working again, and I finally spent my first full Sunday of watching every pre game show (ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, Fox NFL Sunday, CBS NFL Today) then the 1pm games (DAL vs. TEN...there we go 'boys, and SD vs BAL...no way the Ravens are that good), the 4pm game (JAX vs. WSH stupid ass Jacksonville, why is there a football team there). At this point up until last year I would be watching NFL Primetime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson on ESPN, however when ESPN gave up the Sunday night game, they also gave up the rights to the 7pm highlights show. So instead I suffered through Football Night in America. Now I would question the longevity of such awful programming, but since NBC owns the timeslot, I see no end in sight. Without getting into too much detail, everyone on the show besides Bob Costas is awful, and Costas is better at baseball than football. Sigh. This lead into a good Sunday night matchup (SEA vs. CHI), which ended around 11ish. A 12 hour day of football...it's a wonder how I still have a girlfriend

This Friday: Seeing The Departed. I have to admit I'm more than mildly anticipating this movie. I like most of Martin Scorsese's work and the principal actors are intriguing. I've seen a few message board posts comparing it to Heat, and while I won't have my hopes up that high, I will have actual hopes for it, which is more than I can say for most of what I end up seeing.

This Weekend: Supposedly I get off for Columbus Day...never had it off at my old job, so this is new for me. Not sure what I will be doing, but I'm sure "girlfriend" will find some stuff for us to do (not a bad thing at all). Nothing like celebrating a racist pseudo explorer stumbling into land and killing all of its inhabitants, then becoming a hero. That wasn't how it was explained in elementary school now was it?

Last Week: Man I got railed at work, and the project I'm working A) isn't finished yet, and B) keeps changing. So if you want to have some kind of reason as to why this blog has suffered, call my boss. Leave a comment if you want her contact info.

Today: I'm splitting time working on my blog and doing actual work, as to appease "the people" and by people, I mean 9 people that read this blog. Also considering if there's anyway I can make money writing this slop.

More posts later today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home