Friday, September 15, 2006

Status Report

Just a quick update on me and my thoughts, not that any of you give a damn, but this is my blog so I'll put whatever I want to on here.

Last Night: Ray's the classics restaurant in Downtown Silver Spring. The food was outstanding, I had a battle with a 30oz rib eye, and lost easily. The appetizers were great, the sides, dessert was amazing (and I never eat dessert ever). I recommend anyone who likes good food, should be there immediately, and it doesn't have that shitty 10% DC tax like the other good restaurants.

Today:
Currently listening to Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor, in a time where hip hop and rap music in general is awful, this is like a breath of fresh air. The album is really good, and not about snapping your fingers or drugs, or crime or anything like that. If you have a relatively open mind give it a shot. It's also not super ego pretentious like Kanye West.

Wednesday: worked from home because I had a tech come out to "fix" my 50in LCD tv...he did no actual fixing...he typed into his computer for a while, called some people and then said I needed a new bulb and he had to order it. Mind you I told the people on the phone it needed a new bulb, they could have ordered it then...but whatever. Might get fixed today. Although I did realize that me working at home is no different from me being in the office, so I will try to take advantage of that more often.

Future Work:
Man I have no idea about this job, it's not particularly challenging, but it pays well, and will probably pay for me to go back to school. Which leads to..

Future School: I had been under the thinking that I would get an undergrad degree in Information Systems Management...take the classes on line and then thing about a masters program. However, after a conversation with mom the other day, it's looking more like an MBA is the way to go. I don't know...if I can get some kind of financial assistance or scholarships I just might do that.

Back to Last Night: watched the 2nd episode of The Wire Season 4, which if you read McCoy's blog you would already know that it is the best show on television. In either case the episodes get better and better and HBO's idea of showing the episodes 6 days early for people with On Demand cable service was pure genius. I used to have to pick between sunday night football and the Wire...not anymore.

Weekend:
Ah, who knows...my tv is all dim and shit so I have no desire to watch any HD football goodness on it. Unless it gets fixed I won't be watching anything on it. No plans in particular, however everything leads up to sunday at 8pm...where my pathetic Cowboys take on the Skins in a Week 2 Must win to survive in the NFC East game. At least it's at home, but I have no faith in them anymore, such a horrible quarterback that Drew Bledsoe is. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home