Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ongoing Issue...

These blog things really make one feel important...important enough that anyone would care what i have to talk about, oh well.

Few weeks back I decided to get my resume back out on the streets and drum up some interest in me. My current job (marketing dept. promotional products company) was excrutiatingly bad and I needed something different...not to mention more money. So out goes my resume, and much to my surprise..people were interested in my services. Fast forward a few weeks and a job offer is on the table from one of the prospective companies. I want the job so I accept, next morning I tell my current job of the news and immediately the counteroffers spill out with all the "you are so important around here, we really need you" etc. Whatever, I declined the counteroffer eventhough it was for more money than id be making at my new job (for those that need reasoning as to why I declined click here).

Man still haven't gotten to the point. I have to get better at this. The minor problem is I currently live in Laurel, and the new job is in Potomac. As i passed over 95 this morning I cringed at the fact that I would have to sit in that traffic in 2 weeks, and had already come to the realization that I had to move 'cause hourlong commutes are McCoy's specialty not mine. Where do I want to live you ask? Simple...where some of my friends live, all mighty Bethesda with its lack of minorities and youthful atmosphere. It would make my commute 15 minutes instead the hour it will be from Laurel. Well availability in bethesda within my price range is limited, and I am currently somewhat lacking a roommate...who knows. Either way, it's not that big a deal but I felt like whining about it so why not here. Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home