Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm Old(er) Today...

No reflections, no waxing poetic about the life lived, or speculation on future times. The only thing I'm thinking about right now, is how I'm staring down the barrel of being 25, and as McCoy and Klancer and whatever other old bastards I know can tell you, that is truly when life ends. Anyway 24 years ago today, two immigrants from the Bahamas had a son in Perth Amboy, NJ (hospital). They named him Kyle, (mother liked her friend's boyfriend's name or something like that). And that was it, no fanfare, no tickertape parade through the streets of Linden, NJ, nothing. Few months later family moved to Danbury, Connecticut, and 1988 they moved back Jersey, Piscataway to be exact.

Very simple, and here I am 24 years old.
(Fighting urge to get nostalgic...)

3 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger McCoy said...

For the record, I am 26...and ok with it....sure.....

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kyle!

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McCoy may be ok with it, but I don't think Klancer is. But, he is like super old. So... there is that. Happy Birthday, Youngin!

CK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home