Friday, November 03, 2006

I Want a New Job

…Those of you who know me are probably saying “man, that was quick, didn’t you just start?", and you would be correct. Just 6 months ago I was starting out on a new job, with hopes of it being much different than the last. Well it was definitely different, but that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

Maybe I'm too transient a person, maybe I constantly need new challenges to keep me going. Or is it that I just need more continuity in my job. At my old job there was one speed, busy. All the time, you were busy or you weren't at work. Which in hindsight seemed to have worked better for me. At my current place of employment there are deep lulls and extreme highs of work to be done. When I'm in one of the lulls, I completely fall off track and end up scouring the internet for cheap laughs 98% of the day.

I also genuinely believe I have no interest at all in what I'm doing. I would go through the hassle of telling you what I do, if I thought anyone would understand or care about what I do. Am I stupid to think that at age 24 (I really had to think for a second to make sure I was 24, Christ I'm getting old) I should be doing something I generally have an interest in? I've pretty much settled on a plan of getting an MBA starting in 2007, but I'll be working while doing that and I feel like maybe I should do something I actually give a shit about, or at least mildly enjoy. It's not like I'm raking in the big bucks over here, I have the same bills as everyone else, and do just enough to pay them and buy frivolous electronic items that I don't need. However, I'm not exactly sure what I'd like to do...my old boss suggested I look at radio station companies like clear channel/radio one/xm etc., which I'll probably look into, but I haven't the slightest idea if that will interest me.

I should probably just stop bitching and keep what I have...haha, I even laughed when I typed that. That's not me, not the way I operate. When something is going the way I like it to go, I fix it, or stop doing it. It seems as if that's what will happen here. Off to revising my resume and sneaking to interviews once again, only 6 months removed from the last time I did it. Lucky me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home