Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Why hip-hop sucks...

..I've been meaning to write this post for a while. But then I stumbled upon someone else who I'm sure is a much better writer than myself who wrote in length on the same topic.

"Hip-Hop sucks. There, I've said it. After years of ignoring my feelings and hoping that things would change with the next album, video, or artist, I have finally accepted the fact that hip-hop simply isn't good anymore. The swagger is gone. Hip-hop is still cool but it's no longer fly. It's still hot but it's no longer dope. Most important, hip-hop is no longer fun. I can't say for sure when it happened, but somewhere between Wu-Tang's grimy "Protect Ya Neck" and the Ying Yang Twins' disgusting "Whisper Song", hip-hop became boring and predictable."

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Not necessarily my exact opinion, but in the same ballpark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home