Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hello...

...for the two of you out there who still check this...remember me? I could apologize and talk about how I'm going to do better at this, but theres no point. I don't know whats going to happen with the future of this blog. So just one day at a time.

It has a been a trying few weeks, especially with a lot of the negative feedback I'm getting (or was getting) at my job. I went into crisis mode trying to find a job as quickly as possible...but I'm still here for the time being. It all culminated this past weekend as I got the news that my godmother had passed away. I'm not going to sit here and sing the praises of my godmother to you. I knew her, and I'm pretty sure anyone who reads this did not. However, for as long as I've known my mother I've known her. There's a long drawn out story of how our families met, but thats irrelevant...and I'm not exactly sure what my point is for writing this either. All I know is she was important to me, and now she's no longer around. Had be one of the hardest things I've ever done, carrying the casket of my 48 year old godmother into a church on Monday. I'd have given anything to not being doing that.

She knew me better than any non family member...shit, to be honest, she knew me better than most of my extended family. I spent 21 of the last 24 Thanksgiving holidays of my life with her and her family. There were family vacations together, trips to the poconos, random summer visits, and numerous more. The memories are priceless, and the bonds are just as strong as blood. Enough rambling...this post doesn't really make any sense, but if I was going to start writing again I had to start with what is taking up all the space in my mind.

R.I.P.
Antoinette Papincak
Nov. 18, 1958 - Dec. 15, 2006

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it and knew your godmother well. I happened to be a part of that wedding party. I am sure your memories will always make you smile.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be interested in hearing the story of how your mom and Antoinette came to be friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home