Monday, May 08, 2006

Bad birthday gift...

Today the girl in the cube next to me turned 24. Flowers showed up in the office and I asked if her boyfriend had sent them. She said no, and that some other people in the office had sent them to her. The next natural question is: "Well what did your boyfriend get you?" (I have been working with women for too long, last year that next natural question would have just been me saying "ok"). Girl says, "i dont want to say what he got", and now I have to pry. Turns out he got her a bike. I'm thinking it's a motorcycle, but I am soon corrected. It's a bicycle . Well of course the natural jokes come out: "is it a 10 speed? is it pink? does it have streamers? etc." The girl is obviously pissed at her boyfriend, but it leads to bigger question. How do people royally fuck up getting presents for other people. It doesn't seem that hard. More on this later.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger McCoy said...

i totally didn't know what a "bicycle" was...thanks for linking it to wikipedia..now i understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home