Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Out of Contact...

Hey look...its another post...two days in a row (pat on the back).

Everyone has their share of flaws..and I'm no different. However, a major flaw I have is an inability to keep contact with people. Now I'm not talking about people who have pissed me off, or wronged me in some way. I mean people who I generally have no issues with, and probably consider them to be friends in some twisted way. Unfortunately, I have the worst time keeping up with most of these people unless the are in my general vicinity, or they make a concerted effort to stay in contact with me.

Maybe you remember me saying this, but I'm not really a fan of talking on the phone. I can't explain why, but for some reason I'm unable to carry on a phone conversation for more than 30 minutes in most cases. I just can't do it. To date the only people who can stretch me past that time limit on the phone are my girlfriend and my mom. Ask my girlfriend the struggle she went through(and probably still goes through) when it comes to talking to me on the phone. I'm a computer person...I guess on a broader level I'm just a technology person. When I got to college, everyone used instant messenger to communicate. My room phone was basically a hotline for my parents to reach me and not much else. I've gotten to the point where online seems like a reasonable equivalent to a phone call...unfortunately I seem to be in the minority in this issue. I realized for many people a phone call does not equal a IM conversation.

I'm also pretty lazy. I can easily busy myself with other things like writing a blog post or playing video games or anything other than actually trying to stay in contact with friends and acquaintances. I'm sure its not just me who has some of these problems, but I guess over time I realize theres shit I miss out on. For example it seems my man Bonus and his girl got engaged at least 4 months ago, and are getting married sometime this year. Somehow I only found out about this 2 weeks ago (My bad Bonus if you're reading this, congrats to both of you), and I know I didn't find out cause I wasn't keeping up with my friends. Sucks to be me.

I guess there's no real point to this other than my own catharsis, however if you are reading this and I haven't spoken to you in a while, there's a good chance you'll be getting some kind of contact from me sooner than you think. I'm going to at least make an effort to reconnect with my people (not weoples as E-40 would put it) before I have no friends left.

That is all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Karlena said...

I think a lot of people are like you w/ the whole not talking on the phone bit. I'm at the point where I'm annoyed if I get a phone call period. Texts are just fine, but I don't wanna hear your voice. Maybe it's a problem haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home